223 pages / April, 2011 / 1400 yen (w/o tax)
Use medical insight to control your autonomous nervous system and stay healthy!
Almost as important as the brain is the autonomous nervous system. Although its important role hasn’t always been well understood, a stable autonomous nervous system enables breathing, regulates the heartbeat and maintains the healthy condition of our bodies. Being able to control the autonomous nervous system at will would certainly allow us to stay healthy throughout life. Hiroyuki Kobayashi, a renowned doctor and the author of this book, presents concrete methods for controlling the autonomous nervous system. The book also includes numerous case studies and clear explanations. From his experience in advising top athletes and celebrities, he brings us closer to the secret of ultimate health management.
– Why do women live longer than men?
– Optimize your parasympathetic system–the ultimate health management method
– Why do people catch colds between seasons?
– Walking–much better for you than jogging
– Why did 20-year-old professional golf player Ryo Ishikawa focus on how Tiger Woods walks?
– How imbalances in the autonomous nervous system affect immunity
– For constipation try a cup of water first thing in the morning
– Sleepy after meals? It’s about how you eat
– Is it better to exercise in the morning or the evening?
– Change your breathing to change your body right now
Hiroyuki Kobayashi reads three sports newspapers every day. When I asked him why, he said, “The comments from athletes provide hints about the autonomous nervous system.” This is why the book includes case studies of athletes, making for exciting reading. Another amazing aspect of this book is that, by explaining the balance of the autonomous nervous system, it answers all the questions people have about why certain practices are healthy. This book contains invaluable, eye-opening information. I recommend it wholeheartedly.