297 pages / March 2015 / 680 yen (w/o tax)
The sensational "structure" of our world as revealed by physicists.
For ages, physicists have searched for the truth of this world. This search has brought them to discover two revolutionary theories, the theory of relativity and quantum physics. These theories shed light on mysterious truths in our world, such as the contraction and expansion of space and time, the sudden materialization and disappearance of matter, and other magically mysterious phenomena straight out of a sci-fi movie. These theories that changed human history are explained in an easy-to-understand way that even junior high school students could grasp. This is the paperback version of Welcome to the World of Modern Physics! Modern Physics Made Easy, which was published in 2002 by Sunmark.
– What do Picasso’s paintings and the theory of relativity have in common?
– Why many scientists in the West believe in God
– The theory of relativity actually existed before Einstein
– I’m short because the height meter is off
– Anything sucked into a black hole is turned into spaghetti
– What terrifying world have physicists turned a blind eye to?
– A truck may indeed be able to drive straight through a wall
– Quantum physics is like that moment right before the lottery numbers are revealed
– The limits to human knowledge as proven by science
– The heated discussion amongst top physicists
As I was editing this book, I came across many eye-opening sections that taught me things I wasn’t aware of. For example: When you hear the word “atom,” what kind of image comes to mind? For many of you, this may conjure up images of electrons flying around a nucleus, just like the moon revolves around the sun — as was taught to us back in junior high school. By reading this book, however, you’ll realize that this is incorrect. Atoms are actually a cloud!
You’re probably saying, “What are you talking about?” right about now, so I advise you to read this book. It will surely tickle your curiosity a great deal!