Sunmark Publishing Rights Highlights
and NEWS Mail--June 2015 Issue
Recently the temperature in Tokyo went up to 86‹F (30‹C), and it felt like it was already the middle of summer. Now wefre preparing for the upcoming Seoul International Book Fair 2015. When we think about SIBF, wefre reminded of the fresh, sparkling weather of spring, which is the nicest season in Korea.
The Fair will be held from June 17th to 21st, and our editor Taku Hirasawa will attend in order to introduce our latest titles and do some research on the trends in the Korean publishing world. Wefve translated numbers of Korean titles into Japanese in the past, and some of them became bestsellers. We put a lot of our energy into selling our titles overseas, but at the same time wefre always interested in buying good titles no matter which language theyfre written in.
If you have any questions or inquiries about this NEWS Mail, please contact Mr. Ichiro Takeda, Rights Department (email@example.com).
Marie Kondo was named to TIME 100
Marie Kondo, the author of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, was named to TIME magazine’s TIME 100. After this striking news, the sales of the book have increased internationally. Sales of the original Japanese edition of the series have gone up to 2 million copies, and more than 780,000 copies have sold in the U.S.A. so far. On May 4th, it registered #1 in Amazon’s daily ranking both in Japan and the U.S.A. We’re very thrilled to see all these miracles happening!
143 pages / March 2015 / 1,600 yen (w/o tax)
A world-renowned designer learned from angels about fashion styles that bring luck!
A stylish good-luck charm is included!
Angels want us humans to be more fashionable and bring out our sparkle.
Angels like to see us looking our best, so being more fashion conscious helps us become more in touch with them. This is because the energy we give off is entirely different when we make adjustments to our appearance, such as adding one more piece of jewelry or playing with color combinations. The author of this book is LICA, a world-renowned designer who broke out in the Harajuku fashion scene in the 90s and garnered success with her participation in The Paris Collection. Growing up, LICA was also in touch with the invisible spiritual world. In this book, she talks about the existence of angels, the signs they are sending down to us, and specific fashion tips for attracting the attention of Archangels Michael, Uriel, and Gabriel.
The appendix includes the added sections “I made some extra cash,” “Someone professed their love to me,” and “I’m much calmer,” and the book comes with a St. Michael coin charm that will attract the miraculous voices of the angels. Let yourself and your life shine brighter by following fashion tips sent by angels.
(Coin charm size: 15mm in d, 1.2mm thick with a 60cm string)
– A message from the angels
– Ask the name of your guardian angel
– A way to pray to get your wishes fulfilled and eliminate anxiety
– The St. Michael charm that brings happiness and puts you in touch with angels
– The keys to connecting with angels through fashion are “cleanliness” and “light”
– Fashion that puts you in touch with Archangel Raphael
– Fashion that puts you in touch with Archangel Uriel
– Fashion that puts you in touch with Archangel Gabriel
– Angel numbers — Math’s hidden secret
– What music pleases the angels?
– How to receive gifts from the angels
About five years ago, I had an idea for a book that dealt with the relationship between fashion and spirituality, but there wasn’t anyone around to write it. About a year ago — just as I had given up on the idea — I was introduced to LICA. I was immediately certain that she is truly guided by angels.
297 pages / March 2015 / 680 yen (w/o tax)
The sensational "structure" of our world as revealed by physicists.
For ages, physicists have searched for the truth of this world. This search has brought them to discover two revolutionary theories, the theory of relativity and quantum physics. These theories shed light on mysterious truths in our world, such as the contraction and expansion of space and time, the sudden materialization and disappearance of matter, and other magically mysterious phenomena straight out of a sci-fi movie. These theories that changed human history are explained in an easy-to-understand way that even junior high school students could grasp. This is the paperback version of Welcome to the World of Modern Physics! Modern Physics Made Easy, which was published in 2002 by Sunmark.
– What do Picasso’s paintings and the theory of relativity have in common?
– Why many scientists in the West believe in God
– The theory of relativity actually existed before Einstein
– I’m short because the height meter is off
– Anything sucked into a black hole is turned into spaghetti
– What terrifying world have physicists turned a blind eye to?
– A truck may indeed be able to drive straight through a wall
– Quantum physics is like that moment right before the lottery numbers are revealed
– The limits to human knowledge as proven by science
– The heated discussion amongst top physicists
As I was editing this book, I came across many eye-opening sections that taught me things I wasn’t aware of. For example: When you hear the word “atom,” what kind of image comes to mind? For many of you, this may conjure up images of electrons flying around a nucleus, just like the moon revolves around the sun — as was taught to us back in junior high school. By reading this book, however, you’ll realize that this is incorrect. Atoms are actually a cloud!
You’re probably saying, “What are you talking about?” right about now, so I advise you to read this book. It will surely tickle your curiosity a great deal!