219 pages / Feb. 2014 / 1,500 yen (w/o tax)
At home, think of your wife as a superior!
A capable man should also be able to get along with his wife.
You will no longer step on your wife's toes.
It is the husband who needs to change in order to maintain a loving marital relationship.
Regardless of how busy or successful a man is, or how much he enjoys himself outside of work, a good life is not possible if he cannot make his wife happy.
The family will suffer as a result of not placing enough importance on this relationship.
Furthermore, if the wife doesn’t get the respect she deserves, the whole family will eventually give the husband the cold shoulder.
From the top “life master” when it comes to both work and private life and the author of The Dignity of Man and other bestsellers comes a method of “learning to do what you love while keeping your life partner happy.”
– The better a man is at his job, the better he is as a husband.
– Place importance on friends of the opposite sex you have acquired.
– Your wife’s parents are her alter egos.
– A “bad wife” who brings good fortune, a “good wife” who doesn’t.
– If you’re grateful, then say so.
– There are things you shouldn’t know about each other.
– A husband can benefit from his wife’s having a separate world away from home.
– Don’t steal a glance at your partner’s cellphone if you both want to remain happy.
– This is how you’re stepping on your wife’s toes!
– Complimenting your wife while on your deathbed is too late.
Whenever I suddenly get invited to go out drinking, I often do so without calling home first.
Then when I come home after drinking too much, my wife gets angry, saying, “I had already made dinner, so why didn’t you call me?”
I end up not calling home either because there is no time to do so, or I feel that calling would spoil the moment. But here is what the author has to say: At home, think of your wife as a superior!
It is absolutely true that if you thought of your wife as a superior, keeping her informed, contacting her and consulting with her would seem obvious.
Therefore, it would only be natural for her to get angry if you didn’t do so.
However, as the husband you also want your opinions heard and to be able to do the things that you enjoy doing.
So, what should you do?
There are many tips about this in the book.
In my case, there is no other book that has taught me so much.
This is sure to be become a bible for those who step on their wives’ toes every day!