190 pages / January 2014 / 1,600 yen (w/o tax)
This is an installment in the million-seller series The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. It's the long-awaited collector's edition with full-color pages !
Marie “KonMari” Kondo is a cleaning consultant. Her first book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, became known as an exceptional guide to cleaning and went on to sell over a million copies. She gained such popularity that a TV drama of the same name was aired in September 2013, with a famous Japanese actress, Yukie Nakama, playing the leading role.
Experience the Magic of Tidying Up Every Day is the long-awaited collector’s edition with full-color pages. The theme is simple: it is a book about how to realize a life of pulsing magic every day. It explains the basics of major cleaning in simple terms, from what order to follow when cleaning to how to fold clothes. For people who have already finished cleaning up, there are lots of small hints on how to achieve a KonMari style of living.
This is a useful book for people who are about to start cleaning, for those who are right in the middle of it, and for those who have already completed the task.
– The entrance is the face of the house and the most sacred place
– The ideal kitchen is one where you can enjoy cooking
– The bedroom is a refreshing place where you recharge your energy after a long day
– Organize the lavatory in your own way without wasting time
– You will have good luck if you wipe the soles of your shoes
– Treat your home’s entrance like the gates to a shrine
– Look at your cleaning scrapbook before going to bed
– You will have a healthy household if you take care of the most important points
– Use wall decorations to create your ideal scenery
– The time you spend cleaning the floor can be your meditation time
– Use as little cleaning detergent as possible
– The benefits of washing your sheets and pillowcases every day are incomparable
– Your underwear defines your appearance
– If you work at it for 10 days, it will become a regular habit
As chief editor for The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, what made me happiest after working on the book with KonMari are the many letters from readers who thank us for the book and tell us the impact it has had on them. We received over 30,000 letters, and the most common request from readers was for a color edition of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
We wanted to produce a “Magic of Cleaning Up Photo Book” that would give off pulsing energy to the people who own it. Now we’ve done that and we hope you like it.