190 pages / August 2013 / 1,400 yen (w/o tax)
Why don't we get the results we wish even when we study hard?
Here’s an essential study method for surefire results.
Effective learning, while it sounds like a lofty goal, is actually easy. By changing the way you study, you can get the results you want.
These are the words of author Jun Ikeda, whose online learning methods opened the way to top universities for many without their ever attending a single class.
What’s important when studying is quality, not quantity. It doesn’t matter how many pages of text you read or how many hours you spent studying. The important question is: What do you now understand that you didn’t before? That’s what really counts.
First of all, you need to drop the notion of the “formalities of studying” as quickly as possible and shift toward a study method that’s about genuine acquisition of knowledge. This book has everything about thinking patterns that can help achieve that goal, and it also covers the areas of motivation, concentration, and continuity.
It’s not a collection of superficial techniques; it introduces essential methods that will help you in your personal studies and even help you acquire the results you want in your life.
It’s full of effective study methods for school examinations, language learning, promotion examinations, qualification examinations, and all sorts of preparation.
– Lack of ability is not the reason for poor results
– If you stop studying as a mere routine, the returns will multiply!
– Remember: Quality of study × Minimum time studying = Desired results
– You can’t be diligent if you don’t have a deep desire for results
– A “study filter” will change your thinking significantly
– Which environment is the one that makes it easiest for you to concentrate?
– Multitasking reduces your ability to concentrate
– Start with baby steps and then pick up the pace
– Studying is essentially a lot of fun
When I read the manuscript, I thought: If I had read this book when I was a student, I would have had better grades.
It presents lots of study methods that make learning enjoyable and effective as well. That said, not only students but also grownups who are studying languages, preparing for promotion examinations, or studying for qualification tests can benefit from this book’s useful ideas.